Friday 8 February 2013

Double Page Spread Article

(Here is my double page spread article)
I
t’s difficult to believe last year this girl was working in a clothing boutique outside of London. Now she’s toured alongside Katy Perry, her first single ‘I Heart’ went straight to number one, her album is about to be revealed and she’s nominated for a BRIT! We met up with Lucy, style icon and rumoured girlfriend to Conor Maynard to find out how she’s finding her pop style lifestyle… and what it’s like hanging out with the stars.

She’s got a huge fan base. With 1.1 million followers on Twitter, 300,000 YouTube subscribers and 1.2 million fans on Facebook. Her tour has completely sold out and her launched clothing rage for H&M saw dedicated fans queuing outside their stores in the hope to pick up a pair of her famous Lucy Lu Shoes.

At just 16, Lucy was spotted by record label producer scooter Braun while he was browsing videos on YouTube. Lucy sat in her college canteen singing an acoustic version of Carley Rae Jepson’s ‘Call Me Maybe’ had gathered 300,000+ views in just 3 days! A few phone calls with producers and directors, meeting a few big names on the way, Tulisa, Jessie J and One Direction to name a few and the rest is History.

Lucy walks in rocking jeans and a Tee. “This is my casual look. I didn’t fancy getting all dressed up today. I’d wear joggers but I don’t fancy seeing myself in the fashion police section.”

Q: Hey Lucy how you doing?

A: Good thanks. An early start this morning for the photo shoot but you had coffee so it’s all good.

Q: Haha! Congratulations on your number one! What did you do to celebrate?

A: Just had some friends round. We were listening to the radio. I was so nervous but it was great to hear such good news. I feel like going straight to number one has set my standard. I’m serious about this industry and the music I make for my fans.

Q: Your album ‘Kiss’ is released next week. How do you think the fans will react to the album?

A: The album is really just about having a great time. I hope it makes them happy and want to enjoy the things they have. The music is all upbeat and fun. My favourite track I recorded was ‘I was made for you’, it’s about really liking that one someone so I hope that it will really connect to my fans.

Q: That’s cute. You have a huge fan base. What is it like having people scream your name everywhere you go?

A: For me I could never get used to fame. You’d be crazy if you did. I love that my fans listen to my music and send me adorable messages every day on Twitter. It really makes my day. Fame isn’t easy though. I find it difficult to cope with the paparazzi sometimes. I just went to meet up with a friend to get some coffee and there where paps following me everywhere. What would the headline be to that? “Woman buys Coffee”. I don’t understand why people are so interested in what I do sometimes.

Q: It must be very difficult. So there have been rumours about you and Conor Maynard being an item. Care to comment?

A: I knew I’d get asked that. He’s a great guy and he understands me since we’re both so young and in the music industry but we’re just friends. It is weird thinking of him as anything else than a friend.

Q: Fair enough. Our fans will be glad to hear he’s single. Is there any artist you’d like to duet with?

A: I’d love Usher or Neyo to rap in the middle 8 of one of my songs. I’d also love to do a pop Duet with Carley Rae Jepsen; I reckon it would be a great song. I’ve also been working with Katy Perry at the moment, we’re about to release a song but I can’t tell you much about that right now.

Q: The future sounds good! In your music video for ‘I heart’ we see you get covered in a pink goo. What was that like?

A: It was so fun! I thought at first it would be totally gross and I dipped my finger in and it was freezing, but it turned out to be a laugh. In mid shot I slipped and fell over on the ground which was really embarrassing. It wasn’t surprising since my costumes artist out me in 6” heels.  However by the end of the shoot me and the crew had a massive goo fight which was really fun.

Q: That does sound fun! So Lady Gaga openly said in an interview she thinks your single is boring and nothing new! Anything to reply?

A: I wouldn’t take any of her opinions seriously. She wears dresses made of meat.

Q: Okay so here’s the final question we ask at the end of every interview. What clothes, film and track are you loving?

A: hmmm. I love the film Bridesmaids, it’s hilarious.  Clothes, cute winter boots; they keep my feet warm and keep me stylish. And track? It’s got to be Jessie J’s new song Domino. It’s dead catchy; I was listening to it on my IPod on the way this morning.

Thank You so much for your time Lucy!

Don’t forget you can buy Lucy’s album’ Kiss’ from 14th February.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment