Tuesday 19 March 2013

EVALUATION Q2: How does your media product represent particular social groups?

I have decided to do part of my evaluation on go animate because it is much more fun.

EVALUATION Q2: How does your media product repres by s0014522 on GoAnimate

Animation Software - Powered by GoAnimate.

My product represent the social group girls between the ages of 11- 16 interested in pop music.It does this by having colours typically associated with girls.
Looking at the images below it shows examples of where I have used colours to represent the social group/stereotype.
 My magazine represents stereotypes in pop music artists too. Looking at how Lucy has been portrayed throughout the magazine is flirtatious. Flirtatious images and poses.
The image I have put in my magazine also make Lucy look very girly. This is backed up again by the colours that I have used. The magazine makes Lucy (the pop star) look glamorous through using the glittered background.
I think that the media product in general represents what people around the age are interested in. Things such as fashion, pop music and gossip. 
Looking at the example of my target audience it shows that she is interested in pop music and this has been met in my magazine.

I don't like the idea of stereotyping the audience too much but I'm fairly sure that the example of my target audience goes towards most girls at that age. If I was 11 I would by this magazine (providing that I had the money)

Q3: How does your media product represent particul by Isabel Worrell on GoAnimate

Pop It discussion by Isabel Worrell on GoAnimate

Animated Presentations - Powered by GoAnimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment